Monday, March 3, 2014

Why did I join Pi Delta Pi

She Is Pi Delta Pi Sorority
She is the embodiment of charity and patience 
The epitome of sisterhood and fortitude
Through her emanates a torch of light
Glistening rays of sisterly servitude 
* * * 
Forging forth in virtues' stride 
Holding fast her cardinals plain 
Through her beams a will to survive 
A grand history to maintain 
* * * 
As the Pyramids on the sands of Egypt
She is a phenomenal creation-her stature great
She treads a path of her own mind
Succumbing not to peer pressure or acts of fate
* * * 
Who can she be, this woman of character fine?
Transcending those of mere majority 
A sister - - DeSTined to Shine 
She is PI DELTA PISORORITY!
There is voluminous reason in which I wanted to take part in Pi Delta Pi Sorority. It is the fact that in life you must understand where you fit in life, what direction in which you what your life to go, Pi Delta Pi is truly where I want to be. I believe in honoring my peers uplifting them in any and every way and indeed this is one of the things in which sticks out about Pi Delta Pi. It is the community service in which these sisters have proving time and time again that they are the leaders. One of the things in which lead me to Pi Delta Pi was a fundraiser they hosted with to raise money for Lupus, which is very dear to me seen that I am a family member has Lupus also I had a friend that has pasted from it as well. Also the Breast Cancer awareness that PDP hosted, these are two events in which my small business Pillow Talk also raise money for as well.

The total love as well as respect is another thing in which I values as well. I so love the motto my sisters as myself. That is a very deep and powerful statement if you look at it the correct way. I believe in anything you need some form of unity to make things go as plan. When viewing my sisters as myself I would be loyal to them, treat them like the true Delta Queens in which they are: I honor them and stand by them, I am devoted to them, I am grateful, and I give them total praise in any and everything. If my sister is myself that means we are one of the same, we hold equal values because she is not bigger nor smaller we are evenly balanced out. Our colors are so amazing soft yet hold a powerful effect. Silver is such a power house color because gold turns dim when dirty but silver stays silver. Silver when shines and clean shins bright as the moon light on a nice of romance under the stars. Pink is a calming color which is always refreshing to view. Pink is soft yet humble, it is pretty and yet allows people to see you from afar. So to combine some soft as well as very bold colors together is another thing that stood out to me.
Another thing that I love is that we represent the Diamond which is my favorite gem. You see the diamond holds great value; diamonds have been in ancient and recent times symbolic of different things in different cultures the world over. The history of diamonds is one of mystical power, beauty and commercial expertise. The earliest symbolic use of diamonds was as the eyes of Hindu devotional statues. The diamonds themselves were thought to be endowments from the gods and were therefore cherished. The Greeks believed diamonds were tears of the gods; the Romans believed they were splinters of fallen stars and that they brought courage and bravery during battle. Today, diamonds are used to symbolize eternity and love, being often seen adorning engagement rings. Another powerful reason why I am truly pleased and honored to be a Pi Delta Pi sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment