Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A new year a new out take

Every year people make goals they never seem to keep. Often time we must reflect on things such as what truly makes us better as a person. In this life we have to make choices, no matter what they are. This is a year of breakthrough what ever happen last year should stay in last year.
“I am not wrong: Wrong is not my name
My name is my own my own my own
and I can’t tell you who the hell set things up like this
but I can tell you that from now on my resistance
my simple and daily and nightly self-determination
may very well cost you your life”  June Jordan Directed by Desire: The Collected Poems
 I love this quote because it has deep meaning into it. You are who you are and no one can take that from you nor change you unless you allow them to. Your name is not whore, ugly or bitch  so why respond to it.
One thing that I love about being a Delta is that we are deep in culture we carry ourselves with great class, we are beautiful in all our shades of Chocolate. Delta women are strong minded. This year start doing something new instead of making a goal to loose weight try making the weight lose you. What I am saying is this do not make a goal and say at the end of the year your goal of loosing weight, you did not make you it is because you did not put in any action to your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment