Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sorority Soliloquy

I’ve heard it said a sorority Is a waste of time; but I know better… For I have seen the love and walked In the splendor of sisterhood… I’ve heard it said that a sorority Is sad; I can’t agree… I’ve heard it said that a sorority Is a dull, selfish place; It can’t be true… I’ve seen the affection, watched it Fill my heart, the very air… And I have learned the Creed Polished and spotless from end to end And I’ve watched the sorority’s Devotion drape each and every active And pledge to look like nature’s Freshly-granted love nourished for growth… I’ve heard it said that a sorority is Harmful, but they are wrong… For I know my sisters…watched them Strive to save a cause, spend of themselves… And I’ve watched them hope, dream, And aspire, side by side… I’ve heard them say these things, But I would disagree… Because for every shadow I have Seen a hundred rays of light… For every plaintive note I’ve Heard the symphony of joy… For every penny-weight of bad, I’ve found a ton of good… Good in nature, in people, in my sorority… I’m thankful I belong. "Sorority sisters are the siblings God forgot to give us."

No comments:

Post a Comment