Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving thanks....

Rainy, sunny, cold, or warm November day where family get together to get their grub on. In the midst of all of the food how many of us really reflect on what Thanksgiving is all about? Many people do not sit back and reflect on the year they have had, the fact that they are still living or what is still to come for them.

Thanksgiving is about thinking about what as happened in your life the past year and just exactly what you are grateful and thankful for. Many people will be hungry, cold, without shelter on this Thanksgiving with no family, no food, no drinks or even laughter however, some of those people are still thankful to be alive.

In the midst of every storm there is some sunshine waiting to break through. Take a moment to think what your life could be like or the fact that you could have been 6 feet under instead of 6 feet above ground.

My name is Big sister Realness and as I reflect on all that has transpired this past year, I have had storms but I have also been sheltered through these storms. I am most grateful and thankful to be alive, my real life family no matter how disfunctional they may be, my real life son, my real life husband, my second life family and children, I can even say I am thankful for the people that is in my past and will not make it to my future because for the time they were in my life, there were lessons learned and we go through things and lessons in life to make us stronger. Overall I am thankful for everything in my life good and bad because it has shaped me into a better, stronger person.

What are you thankful for???

No comments:

Post a Comment