Saturday, June 21, 2014

I am not a creative person as far as writing goes, but I am a google master so I told anyway, I decided to search online for a poem that that fits how I feel about my sisters of PDP. so here goes: My Sister Is... My sister is my heart, She opens doors to rooms I never knew were there, Breaks through walls I don't recall building. She lights my darkest corners With the sparkle in her eyes. My sister is my soul. She inspires my wearied spirit To fly on wings of angels, But while I hold her hand My feet never leave the ground. She stills my deepest fears With the wisdom of her song. My sister is my past. She writes my history. In her eyes, I recognize myself; I have memories only we can share. She remembers, she forgives, And she accepts me as I am-- With tender understanding. My sister is my future. She lives within my dreams. She sees my undiscovered secrets, Believes in me as I stumble. She walks in step with me, Her love lighting my way. My sister is my strength. She hears the whispered prayers That I cannot speak. She helps me find my smile, Freely giving hers away. She catches my tears In her gentle hands. My sister is like no one else. She's my most treasured friend-- Filling up the empty spaces, Healing broken places. She is my rock, my inspiration, Though impossible to define, In a word, she is... my sister. ~Lisa Lorden

No comments:

Post a Comment